Pop singer/songwriter Kayla Sage a positive voice reminds us that our Struggles can be our Strengths
1. How would you describe your music?
I would describe my music as a safe place for people. I want my music to touch people. Help them through any hardships they’re having or had at one time in their lives.
2. Have you always been interested in music? Was there a particular song/performance that made you say "Woah! I want to do that!"?
All of my music inspiration is in the K Pop world. I grew up fascinated and in awe of their multi talented groups. It made me want to achieve their level of stamina and achievements within the industry.
3. What does your music say about you?
My music speaks to what I’ve experienced in life. The ups and downs of simply being human and having things happen you both wished on a shooting star for, but also things that you prayed would never become your reality.
4. If we were to look at the artists you are listening to, who would be on your playlist?
You’d see more K Pop then you’d know what to do with! Some include Got7, ATEEZ, KARD, Jessi, Dreamcatcher, (G)I-DLE, Seventeen, Twice, Somi, Everglow, A.C.E, Oneus, Stray Kids, Treasure, Monsta X, Mamamoo, EXO, Shinee, Big Bang, 2NE1, VAV, Chungha and Blackpink.
5. What can we expect from you within the next 6 months? Any releases planned? Future gigs?
You can definitely expect some new music in the near future! I have an amazing team that is keeping me stable and grounded! I am very lucky to have the family I’ve created over the years!
6. What is your biggest musical challenge?
My own self-doubt. I know I have a good voice, but I’m never satisfied. I always shoot to be the best singer I can be, but I always let myself down with all the irrational guidelines I lay out for myself.
7. Do you enjoy recording and production?
I love it! Recording the studio is my therapy! I have people listen, but I feel completely to myself! I am the most inspired when I’m in a dark room and playing around with melody and song lyric ideas.
8. When you create music, what is your personal purpose or goal?
To give my listeners a safe haven. I write to give you an escape from the stresses and frustrations that are reality. When you listen to my music I want you to feel at peace and happy.
9. If you were talking to a younger version of you, what advice would you give yourself?
I would tell myself to be confident and to love myself more. I allowed way too many outside opinions dictated how I viewed myself. Bullying is a massive problem and a lot of kids don’t speak up for themselves and it causes them terrible pain and sadness. I would want my younger self to know that the people who are bringing you down are in so much pain themselves and want someone else to feel their same grief.
10. Where can people find you?
You can find me on all my social media.